This week on the Grouchy Puppy Blog, next door, my female is going to talk about adopting a senior dog. Not like she doesn't already, but this time, she will be writing as a Pet 'Net Contributor. I'm so proud of her. BOL
2011 Pet 'Net Event, November 16. It has been four years since Petside started this great event, and we're happy to join in again. Everyone involved cares about positively influencing the public about animal welfare and pet adoption.
This year, not only will you get to enjoy lots of great blog articles, but there will be a voting component with a blog chosen as the best winning a $500 donation to the shelter of their choice!!
Petside also has partnered with the Iams Bags 4 Bowls Initiative, with three ways you can get involved and donate:
By taking any of the simple steps below on November 16, 2011, Iams Home 4 The Holidays and their Bags 4 Bowls initiative will donate bowls of food to local shelters!
1. Tweet @Iams with the Pet ‘Net hastag #IHeartShelterPets and Iams Home 4 The Holidays and their Bags 4 Bowls initiative will donate 25 bowls of food to local shelters.
3. Like and comment on anyone else's adoption story (or your own!), or Pet ‘Net related post on Petside’s Facebook Wall and earn one additional bowl per action.
And to get you thinking about what some of us bloggers will be writing about, here are five of the topics:
- Things you need to know about before bringing a dog home
- Breed-specific rescues
- How photos make a difference in pet adoption
- Pet Adoption Alternatives Top 10 (or 7) Reasons Why Rescues Are Infinitely More Interesting
- Personal Story - Father, not a "dog person" before, adopts a Boxer
Happy Holidays! If you have an adoption story, I hope you'll share. My female promises to sit with me and read out loud some adoption stories, while she brushes me. I don't know about other senior dogs, but getting brushed is soothing.