Today is my official dog birthday homecoming special celebration extravaganza or special day for short.
I'm not saying how old I am because (a) we don't really know for sure and (b) I'm a lady and we don't speak of those indelicate things. All we know is that I'm officially a senior dog now and as Bret Michaels said, "I'm lucky to be alive". Let's take a moment for a little self-reflection and learn why my pack is lucky too.
November is Adopt-a-Senior-Pet month. Here is my personal take on why Senior Dogs Rule and puppies drool:
- I'm grateful
- My slower pace is perfect for the city and sidewalks
- I can still learn new tricks
- Cuddling never gets old and I'll let you snuggle with me a long time
- My breath might be stinky but so is yours, so we'll call it even and I'll still give you a BIG morning kiss
- Playing fetch gets boring but leaning against your legs or chair never does
- My meals can be made right along with yours
- I get tired easily but I'll never tire of being with you
If you choose to adopt a senior dog, both of you will be glad you did.