If you are a dog or are lucky enough to have a dog in your pack, here are five of the best beaches to take your buddy. Be sure and pack fresh water and a towel, for both of you! Five of my favorite beaches from Marin to Carmel include:
- Fort Funston: Off leash dogs and lots of birds puts the FUN in Fort Funston.
- Crissy Field: Amazing urban beach in San Francisco with lots of space for kids and dogs, plus great hidden pools for pups to fall into.
- Stinson Beach: HUGE sprawling beach to run on, that is just across the Golden Gate Bridge, north of San Francisco on Highway 1.
- Del Monte Beach: Wonderful old beach on the northern end of Monterey Bay. Perfect for chasing birds without running into sunbathers.
- Carmel City Beach: The most dog-friendly place in the United States is Carmel so you would be silly not to drive here.